10 Homeowner Coverage Gaps


1. Flooding
Flooding is not covered by a standard homeowners policy. Flood insurance can be purchased through your independent agent backed by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Flood premiums will vary based on the flood risk zone you live in.

2. Earthquakes
An earthquake endorsement should be purchased if you live in an area prone to earthquakes. This endorsement covers damages resulting from an earthquake, such as landslides, mudslides, volcanic eruptions, and other earth movements.